Friday, December 25, 2009

Have any of you ever had laser treatment for acne scars or do you know anything about it???

I'm 23 and I've had body acne on my back since I hit puberty. It's pretty bad and I absolutly hate it!!! I can't wear shirts with open back, unless I cover it with make-up and keep my hair down. Most of the scars are on my lower back. Recently, I've been using Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub and it helps a bit, but it won't take away the scars. I also use cocoa butter sometimes on my back, but I know that it won't solve the major scars.


I've been doing some research and I've come to the conclusion that the only way to solve this problem is to get laser treatment for scar removal. I know it's expensive, but I'm gonna have to charge it and make payments for a while. But this is soooooo important to me, that it will be worth it...I hope! This is the onle thing I wish I could change about myself!





So, what do you know about laser scar removal treatments? How well does it work? What is the price range? How often do you think I will have to go? Does it cause any pain? Side effects?Have any of you ever had laser treatment for acne scars or do you know anything about it???
Laser and microdermabrasion can both work well....peels can sometimes help as well. The better choice is dependent on your skin type and the depth of the scarring. Also, be aware that there are two types of laser treatments. One is called resurfacing which takes off the top layer of skin and the 2nd is rejuvenation which causes collagen regrowth. The 1st gives more dramatic results, quickly but has a longer recovery time and costs more.





Costs can range depending on the size of the area that needs treatment. You can probably expect to pay $350 per Tx and you will need 3-6 treatements to really help. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment